I’m an ambitious soul. I’m driven and the sky is not the limit. I believe I can touch the clouds, the stars, and then the moon.
I have always been this way.
I come from a family of driven, hard-working women so it’s literally in my blood to do all the things and have fun doing it.
Have you ever seen a person in their 70s still working and happy doing so?
That’s probably going to be me in 30 plus years, with my grayish blue dreads, a funky pair of bifocals and still designing on a magnified screen, with wrist guards on both arms. My sons will beg me to retire, but I’ll protest because I love what I do.
Point. Blank. Period.
I’m a graphic designer and momprenuer. I have a great, supportive husband and four whole sons including a 10-month old baby. I run an always evolving and growing graphic design business full-time and have done so for 11 years. I blog. I have a podcast and appear as a guest on various podcasts. I have staff meetings. I teach. I hold client meetings. I do photo shoots. I craft.
Octane Design Studios is unapologetically #MoreThanGraphics
Some call me Superwoman. Some call me crazy.
But most want to know: How do you do it all?
Simple answer: I outsource.
With multiple platforms and a desire to present fresh content, beautiful on-brand designs, and grow my business and clientele to hit my quarterly goals, I outsource creative talent, yet still manage, consult and maintain creative oversight for Octane Design.
I hire other graphic designers via contract to take on bigger projects. I outsource content writers, photographers, and virtual assistants to keep the ball always rolling.
If you find yourself with too much on your plate, but a deep desire to grow your brand, client-base, explore new talent and help uplift other creatives, here’s why you should consider outsourcing.
- Outsourcing can save you time and money.
- Staff that is outsourced can help grow your marketing and project your branding efforts which will work to bring you more customers and sales.
- You open yourself up to a pool of talent that can enhance and elevate your projects, bring new eyes, fresh ideas and a bigger presence.
- Outsourcing gives you time to focus on your core tasks and grow your business in the direction you want while still having your client’s needs met.
- Outsourcing offers flexibility for your staff and overall work/life balance and better productivity. Working with other talented graphic designers motivates and inspires me.
If you are killing yourself trying to do it all, take a minute and see if outsourcing a project or two could be of benefit to your business and most importantly to your own mental health and stability.