Welcome to WEEK 2 of our mission to help you level up your digital marketing with a 30 day Hard Reset this April! This week’s bonus word is #goals for LEVEL 2: RISE.
Setting goals is such an important component of leveling up and rising. We’ve learned the higher you aim the higher your achievement levels raise!
Not only is it important to set goals, but it’s important to set them wisely. Here at OCTANE we use the S.M.A.R.T method. Here is our breakdown setting SMART goals:
Your goals need to be specific. How will you know what you are setting out to achieve if you don’t REALLY know what you are aiming for?
Write out a goal. Now, does your goal:
- Have one main objective?
- Define who is involved and who is responsible?
- Specify where it will take place ( for example what region or what platform)
Being able to track your progress in a quantifiable way is vital as it allows you to know how far you’ve come and how far you have to go so that you can reevaluate as you go along. Plus it can be really motivational! To make sure your goal is measurable ask these questions:
- How will you measure your goals progress?
- How will success of your goal be determined?
- Can you formulate an action plan for your goal?
There’s no use setting goals if you can’t achieve them. We don’t mean you shouldn’t be ambitious but be reasonable. It’s a fine line my friends. These should help you stay on the right track:
- Is your goal realistic?
- Is your goal motivational?
- Do you have the skills and tools necessary to achieve your goal?
Every goal you set should align with your long term plans and your values and should come with a benefit upon completion. It’s pretty straightforward, if you can answer yes to these questions you are golden!
- Will accomplishing you goal help you achieve your long term goals?
- Does you goal align with your values and mission?
- Why does your goal matter to you and your organization?
Goals wouldn’t work if they didn’t have a deadline (we know, we don’t like that word either). Timelines and deadlines help you stay focused and make sure everyone is on the same page.
- Do you have a time line that your goal can be achieved in?
- Does your goal have a set deadline?
Here’s our Business Goals Template you can use with the blog post to help you further map out your S.M.A.R.T goals. If you are seeing results from the resources we’re sharing, message us and let us know! We love hearing your stories of success!